According to the Regulations on RUSNANOPRIZE, following management and awarding bodies of the Prize are established:
RUSNANOPRIZE International Award Committee is formed for the term of one year in order to hold the Prize competition and select the Prize laureate.
The Prize Committee has up to thirty members, who represent the international scientific community and innovative business, including one Committee Chairman to be elected for the term of one year by secret ballot of the Prize Committee members. The Prize Committee Chairman supervises activities of the Prize Committee.
Members of the Prize Committee are representatives of the scientific community and innovative business, who are generally acknowledged to have achieved outstanding results in the field that the Prize is awarded in the current year. At least one half of the Prize Committee members must be foreign nationals.
The functions of the Prize Committee are as follows:
- Approving the form of application / nomination which must be filed by Prize applicants
- Defining the structure and approving the members of the Expert Group
- Deciding to award the Prize and selection of winners for the year
- Deciding not to award the Prize for the current year
The Prize Directorate is formed in order to coordinate preparation and support of the Prize competition and awarding of the Prize.
The competencies of the Prize Directorate include:
- working with other bodies to organize the competition and awards
- hosting, information support, and promotion of the Prize
- arranging and conducting the Prize award ceremony
- representing the interests of the Prize competition in dealings with Russian and international public, government, scientific organisations, and private individuals.
The Prize Directorate is not obliged to explain its reasons for rejecting applications.